- About us
- News & Updates
- Event Schedule
- Contact us
“Innovation is seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.” - Albert Szent-Györgyi, Discovered Vitamin C.
Coming October, Vortex 2016 presents to you Jr. Industry Defined Problem (Jr. IDP), an event which is driven by innovation and culminates knowledge and application of one’s technical skills to solve the problems which are parallel to actual Industry and public issues.
Driving an innovation to its execution is an arduous task, working in a closely integrated team facilitates superior ideas, much required brainstorming and hence better results. To participate form a team of maximum three people and come up with a frugal solution.
Problem Statements can be found at : http://www.vortexict.org/news
Round 1: Abstract submission
An industry defined problem will be put up on the website a few days before the actual event. The Participants are requested to submit an abstract consisting of the ideas forimplementation of the project and the answers to the questions asked in the problem statement. (No Late submissions allowed)
Round 2: Presentation and report
The participants qualifying the first round will have to prepare a detailed report including calculations leading to their answers and are required to give a presentation in front of the judges during the event in Vortex. Any innovative style of presentation is allowed. Top 2 groups selected by the judges will be awarded in the prize distribution ceremony.
The abstract for the problem statement are to be sent to the following email id - email@example.com
The format of the mail should be as follows.
1. The subject of the mail should include the problem statement and the JR IDP TEAM ID given after event registration on the VORTEX 2016 website.
2. The abstract should not exceed 1 page. Font is Times New Roman. Size 12.
3. The name of the file should be in the format. JR. IDP_PROBLEM STATEMENT NO_TEAM ID.
example. JR. IDP_SYB_JID1005
4. Deadline for Abstract Submission for both FYs and SYs is 11th October, 2016.
1. Team of maximum 3 allowed. (Single participant also allowed).
2. Participants need not be of the same college.
3. Only 1st and 2nd year undergraduate students and 11th, 12th Standard Students of all branches allowed to participate.
4. Under critical circumstances the decision of the judges and the event heads will be final and binding to all the participants.
5. References and citations are necessary. Presentation should not exceed a duration of 10 minutes.
6. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited and if it is found then that respective team will be immediately disqualified.
Note: Team clearing first round will get certificates
Decisions taken by the concerned authorities shall be treated as final and binding to all.
Niranjan Sitapure – 7709396930
Sonali Vaidya – 8275464393
DurgeshKavishvar – 9892135890